DyeSet For Wool is a revolutionary product for setting fugitive dyes on wet cleanable textiles such as upholstery and rugs.
- First determine what type of fiber you are about to clean.
- DyeSet For Wool is for use on protein fibers such as wool and silk. It can also be used on nylon fiber.
- If the fabric is a blend of protein and cellulosic fibers it may be necessary to also use DyeSet For?Cotton.
- If dyes have already run from previous cleaning, spills, pet urine, etc. an application of DyeSet For Wool may set the dye bleed.
- Do corrective dye stain removal before applying this product.
- Once dyes have become unstable from urine damage, product performance may not be consistent.
Ready to use pH is 4.5
Instructions: Mix 2 parts of hot water with one part of DyeSet For Wool. Spray a wetting mist on the textile surface and allow it to dry. Then check for colorfastness in an inconspicuous area using the appropriate cleaning product. Avoid the use of ammonia based cleaners and prespray. When treating textiles with a pile, be certain the product reaches completely down the yarns by using a carpet rake or brush. If cleaning reversible textiles treat both sides.
One gallon of ready to use DyeSet will cover about 200 to 300 square feet depending on density of fabric. The product must be re-applied each time the item is wet cleaned