RED RELIEF FOR WOOL
synthetic food dye stains (kool aid, gatorade etc.) from wool,
especially wool that has been dyed with vegetable dyes is a procedure
that requires your absolute attention to detail and patience.
are strongly encouraged to make some kool aid stains on wool carpet and
practice the procedure given here to perfect your skill before
attempting to remove stains from customers’ carpet.
Thoroughly extraction-rinse the stained area. Follow with multiple
vacuum only dry strokes to leave fibers as dry as possible.
2. Mix the “Red Relief for Wool” using equal portions of solution “A” and “B”.
3. Wet only the stained fibers with the Red Relief solution.
4. Allow up to 10 minutes dwell time for the stain to disappear or change to a light yellow color.
Thoroughly flush and extraction-rinse the stain and surrounding area.
Follow with multiple vacuum only strokes to leave the fibers as dry as
6. If any stain remains repeat steps 2 through 5 (it may be necessary to repeat this procedure up to 4 times for severe stains).
7. Neutralize the area by saturating it with a CSS solution (1 part CSS to 3 parts water).
8. Allow 3-minute dwell time.
9. Extraction-rinse and groom the fibers.
10. Dry area as soon as possible.